Walking your Bengal can be a great way to get some exercise, and we would all love to be able to walk our cats with ease, but finding the best harnesses for our beloved Bengals can be hard.
Today, we are showing you what we believe are the best harness that will allow walking your Bengal to be fun and no issue.
Quick Look: The Best Harnesses For Bengal Cats
Did you know that your Bengal is a descendant of an Asia leopard and an Egyptian Mau!?
No wonder she is ready for adventure. On the next sunny day, your cat wants to go outside, and explore your local parks and trails with you! But did you know that cats’ collars are generally made to slide off if kitty gets stuck on something?
So, putting a dog’s leash on kitty’s collar won’t keep her from spooking from an unexpected sound or sight and running someplace unsafe. Take a few minutes to figure out which harness is purrfect for your Bengal.
A properly chosen and fitted harness will fit around your cat’s body and neck, insuring you’ll stay in control and keep her safe when the unexpected happens.
What Should You Look For In A Harness?
You want your adventures to be fun, safe and easy. Look for a harness that fits kitty comfortably and she can’t wiggle out of.
Today’s harnesses are generally straps that adjust around kitty’s neck and chest or a vest that fits around your cat’s chest and torso.
A leash attaches to the back of the harness, which can be a short leash while your cat gets used to the harness and leash or a longer leash when she is comfortable and ready to explore.
Which harness you choose depends on what your feline friend is like and the environment you’ll be exploring together. Review our top picks below and pay attention to which pros & cons apply to your Bengal friend.
Strap & Leashes
There two styles of harnesses when it comes to the best harnesses for bengal cats. Strap & leash harnesses are light, adjustable and the most affordable.
If your cat is already harness-trained & docile, or your out-door environment is low-risk (few or no threats from traffic, sudden loud noises or other animals), a strap leash can be a good option.
- Light weight and comfortable
- Well-made of quality materials
- Highly adjustable to fit your cat’s dimensions
- Leash (included) length lets kitty explore without getting into trouble
- Useful instructions help you get kitty used to the harness
- Requires patience from kitty and you to adjust the fit correctly
- Determined cats may wiggle free
If you are looking for an economical and light weight H-style harness strap option, the Puptek is a solid choice. Designed for kittens and smaller cats that weigh less than 12 lbs., it is highly adjustable for cats of the appropriate dimensions. Its comfortable design, with the lead fitting around your cat’s neck and back, will evenly distribute pressure, which is why many veterinarians recommend H-style harnesses.
Before purchasing this harness, make sure to measure your Bengal carefully, and if within these limits, this harness is a great choice. Neck size: adjustable from 7inch – 10 inch/18cm – 26cm; Chest size: adjustable from 10inch – 17inch/26cm-44cm. And with durable snap-lock buckles, you’ll find the Puptek easy to put on your cat and take off after your outdoor adventures. We recommend Puptek because this product is one the list as one of the best harnesses for bengal cats.
If your cat is not leash tolerant or is a feline Houdini, check out these harness vests, which your Bengal may find more comfortable and they are more likely to prevent escape. To conclude, Harness vests are a great choice when you would rather be safe than sorry in making sure your cat doesn’t find a way to escape.
- Shaped to fit kitty’s body with multiple adjustment points
- Calms anxious cats with its thick material and snug fit (like a “thunder coat”)
- Velcro closures and snap buckles for extra security
- Thick quality materials and leash included
- Denim has kitty “stylin”
- But, It Runs slightly small
- Watch neck adjustment to prevent discomfort
This stylish harness come in S, M & L to fit your feline friend to purr-fection. Furthermore, It’s made of comfortable and breathable materials, and is easy to put on and take off. And, with its Velcro closure, plastic buckles and clips for adjustments, it is one of the few harnesses, and is the best at making sure to keep all Bengal cats secure. With its double rings for leash attachment, you can enjoy your outdoor adventures with confidence. Size L: Fits chest girth 14.1″-16.1″, neck girth 9″-13″, leash length 4.9 ft.
- Velcro closure with locking snap for added security
- Quality materials and well-made
- Reflective stripes make kitty visible
- Soft mesh material keeps kitty comfortable
- Includes leash
- Runs slightly large
- X-small may be too big for young kittens
This comfortable vest is definitely one of the best harnesses for bengal cats! It has an x-small version that will fit the newest member of your cat family. And, this vest’s comfortable materials make cats happy and snug during her outdoor adventures. Also, the reflective striping and extra secure closures make you confident in your ability to explore together.
- Well made with soft & breathable materials
- Neck and body adjustable closures for comfy and snug fit
- Velcro and buckles for extra security
- Snug fit calms anxious cats
- Sturdy double attachment point for leash (included)
- Velcro closure noise spooks some cats
- Runs small
This adjustable vest is made of soft materials that cats seem to like. And with the strong Velcro closure and the extra closure at kitty’s chest, your outside adventures should be safe and snug. Dual D rings on the back of your cat’s vest let you rest assured that the leash is well fashioned. Also, some cat owners find that the snug vest is so comfy that kitty calms down when you put it on inside your home and loves when it lets her go outside! In our opinion, this is one of the best harnesses for Bengal cats out there!
- Highly effective for active adult cats
- Light weight and durable strong materials
- Design refinements based on owner and breeder feedback
- Snug fit insures kitty’s safety
- Calming effect on some anxious cats
- Not suitable for cats less than 12 months old
- Does not come with a leash
Happy customers of the Mynwood jacket remark that they have tried other vest harnesses for their active felines and they like this one best – for its durable construction and snug fit that keeps kitty from escaping. If you know that your cat is a feisty escape artist, this is one of the best harnesses for bengal cats you can get.